The CPSU allows commenting on some of its web stories and social media sites so our members have a forum to discuss issues that matter to them. We understand that some of the issues we cover on this site can be contentious, controversial or emotive - which is why we ask people to treat others in the discussion with dignity and respect and not get "personal".
Depending on the subject and mood, discussion can range from an in depth debate about a major issue, or just some light-hearted fun. Our members and visitors are welcome to take the discussion where it leads, as long as comments don’t breach our guidelines.
If you don’t know much about a subject, but are interested, feel free to say so and ask questions. There are often people taking part in a discussion that can be helpful and a great source of information.
Comments are moderated before posting. We will not edit comments except under exceptional circumstances. Comments may be removed if they:
- are likely to disrupt the flow of conversation relating to the story under which they’re posted
- harass or are abusive to others taking part in the discussion
- are libelous, offensive or contain prejudice against any individual or group
- the author can not be identified
- contain personal contact details or advertisements (links to supporting articles or data are welcome)
- are repetitious or spam.
The CPSU reserves the right to edit, move or delete any message at any time, for any reason.
The Director of Campaign and Communication's decision about the suitability of all comments is final.